KB Article #461
While processing an order, you can use CollisionLink's Quick Calculator Tool to modify the estimated Shop Non-OE Price (by selecting a different Non-OE Pricing Formula) or change the Sell Price you are offering for an OE part (by choosing a different OE Formula).
The Quick Calculator Tool is available in the following sections of the CollisionLink Order Details window. Select a link to learn how to change pricing formulas in each section of a CollisionLink quote or order:
- Upsell Parts Section (All CollisionLink orders)
- Quoted Parts Section (PartsTrader quotes only)
- OE Parts Section (PartsTrader orders only)
- Response to Buyer Section (All CollisionLink orders)
- If you are attempting to use the Quick Calculator Tool and the message displayed is "No pricing formulas have been selected for display ...", the OE and non-OE Formulas established in CollisionLink will need to be added to the Quick Calculator Tool by your administrator. (Click here to learn more.)
- Quick Calculator functionality can be disabled, click here to learn how.
- Click the calculator icon to display the Upsell Pricing Details. The following details are available:
- The Non-OE Pricing section displays the shop's non-OE pricing information--including the Non-OE Discount Formula applied to the list price on the estimate. Clicking the link allows you to select a different formula, keeping in mind that adjusting the non-OE discount formula will change the Shop Non-OE Price--which may also impact the OEM Reimb amount and Sell Price.
- The Shop OE Price section displays the shop's price for the OE part. (This price includes the OE Discount Formula that is being applied to the OE List Price.) Clicking the link allows you to select a different formula and change the Sell Price .
- The Dealer Pricing section displays the list price for the part, your cost for the part, and the OEM reimbursement amount. Be sure to review the Modified Dealer Price--this will be the final cost your dealership pays for this part and is adjusted for any reimbursement offered by the automaker.
- Click the formula (Non-OE Discount Formula or OE Discount Formula) that you would like to change.
- Click Apply beside the pricing formula you want applied to the part. The Sell Price will automatically update with the new price.
If you want the discount applied to all parts, check the Apply to All box and then click Apply beside the pricing formula you want applied.
- Click inside the Sell Price box for any part in the Response To Buyer section that you want to see potential discounts for. The Quick Calculator box will display showing both the pricing formula and what the Sell Price would be if the formula was applied to the part.
- Optional: Check the Apply to All box if you want the formula you will be selecting applied to all parts.
- Click Apply beside the pricing formula you want to use to recalculate the sell price.
- If you want to apply a formula that is not on the list:
- Click Add a formula (located below the formulas listed).
- Click the Field drop-down to choose one of the following options to base the new formula off of:
- List (OE list price)
- Cost (dealer cost)
- Click the Operation drop-down and select one of the following options to calculate the sell price of the OE part:
- Plus: To inflate the OE list or dealer cost by a specified percentage rate.
- Minus: To deflate the OE list or dealer cost by a specified percentage rate.
- Type the percentage in the Rate field.
- Optional: Check the Apply to All box if you want the formula you are adding applied to all parts
- Click Apply. Note: Formulas added on-the-fly are not stored in CollisionLink.
- The Sell Price will automatically update with the new price.