KB Article #1763
Use the Parts Locator to locate the parts you need to fulfill a transaction. After locating parts, you can quickly order parts or ask for quotes from other dealers.
- Type the part number(s) you wish to locate in either of the Locate boxes:
- On the Console tab.
- In the upper right-hand corner of any tab.
- On the Console tab.
- If you are looking up multiple parts, separate part numbers with a space, comma (,), or semicolon (;).
- Select the automaker that manufactures the part from the drop-down.
- Click the Locate button. The search results for each part will open in a separate tab.
- List price will not display in D2DLink for Ford (U.S.) or Mercedes-Benz USA parts.
- Carrier U.S. and Canada dealers will see cost and list prices in USD.
- GM U.S. and Canada dealers will also be presented the National Review Code data in locate results. GM provides this information to advise dealers of any current restrictions on processing orders for the particular part at the GM PDCs. This information will display at the top of the Locator results window.
- If the above information isn't visible, click Show Attributes.
Click Hide Attributes to hide all display details except for Part Number, Description, and the MyPriceLink URL (if available).
- Click the MyPriceLink URL (if applicable) to obtain part pricing through the MyPriceLink Price Lookup Tool.
- Click the part number’s tab to view the search results. D2DLink allows uses to quickly locate available parts within a PDC. Your primary (facing) PDC with quantity on hand along with the next two PDCs will display in the PDC Results section. Click Show All to see additional PDCs.
- The Locate Results section will list the dealerships that are selling the parts you are looking for. Note: Click Modify Results to expand the results to display: 50 dealerships, dealerships with the lowest published prices, dealerships with the lowest published price by distance, or hide advertising.
Each dealership locate result will include:
- Distance: The dealership's distance from your location.
- QOH: The part quantity the dealer has in stock.
- Updated: The last date the locator received updated stocking information.
- Last Received: The last date the dealer received the part from any source. Note: This feature is currently only available for Ford U.S. dealers.
- Discount: Any discount offered by the dealership for ordering the part.
- Phone: The dealership's contact phone number. Note: Click on the dealership name to view additional information.
- Click the plus () sign to add a part to the E-Commerce Orders section.
- To add additional parts to an order, repeat steps 1-7.
- To order parts, click Create Order (at the top of the window).
- From the Order Summary window, review your Shipping Information.
- If you would like the dealer to provide a final quote before the order is processed, click to place a checkmark in the Please provide a quote box.
Note: Carrier U.S. and Canada dealers will see a full list of U.S. states and Canada provinces.
- Click Submit to place your order. The order will be added to your D2DLink Overview tab with a Status of New.
- Once the seller agrees to ship the parts, the Status of the order will change to Completed on your D2DLink Overview tab.
If the seller responds to your quote request, the Status of the order will change to Quote Ready on your D2DLink Overview tab. (Learn more about Accepting a D2DLink Quote).