KB Article #1262
Administrators can use the Manage Users feature to quickly create logins for counterpersons.
- If a username or email address is already in use, it cannot be used a second time.
- The Navistar SSO bypasses OEC user management functions entirely. Navistar dealers do not have user management features in OEC. Adding or deleting users, changing passwords, or performing any other changes within proxy has no impact on user accounts. User details in My Information will be visible, but cannot be modified except for DMS Counter Person ID, Mobile, and Fax. All other information is furnished by the synchronization with the Navistar SSO. In Mexico, contact Julio.Arenas@navistar.com, 011-52-555-2636723.
Want to learn more? Watch our video!
To add a new user:
- Click Application Setup. Note: Application Setup is not available in all OEC solutions.
- From the Application Setup window, click Manage Users from the options on the left-hand side of the window.
- Select Create a New User from the I want to drop-down.
- From the Account Details section, type the Username. Note: Usernames cannot have spaces or use special characters (such as !,@,#,$, and %).
- Click Check Availability to verify the Username has not been used previously. A green check () will display if the Username is available. If a red X () displays, try another username.
- Type the user's email address in the provided field.
- Click Check Availability to verify the email has not been used previously. A green check () will display if the email address is available. If a red X () displays, enter a different email address.
- Type the user's First Name and Last Name in the provided fields. (These are required fields.)
- Type the user's Phone number in the provided field. (This is a required field.)
- The following additional details can be added:
- DMS Counter Person ID
- If desired, you can make this user a Power User. (CollisionLink and RepairLink users only). Power Users will be able to see all orders (regardless of salesperson) on the Overview, but will not be able to access the administrator functions of the application. Click the drop-down and select the solution--CollisionLink or RepairLink--you want the user to be a power user for. Note: Only one user can be assigned the power user role for each solution.
- Click Save. A confirmation message will display and an email will be sent to the new user with their username, a temporary password, and a link to OEC. (Click here for more information on completing the new account setup.)
- To ensure the new user has access to transactions from the shops they support, be sure to update the appropriate trading partners:
- When finished, click the Back button at the top left-hand navigation menu to close.