KB Article #1455
The Key Code Lookup feature provides key-cutting sequences to duplicate keys and key blank information for specific vehicles. Key Code and Key Blank information for newer models is updated every two weeks by GM Canada. If D2DLink does not return results for a late-model key code/key blank search, use the look-up method currently used in your dealership.
- Canadian dealers cannot search U.S. VINs.
- Key code functionality will be disabled after 90 days of inactivity.
- If key code functionality is not available, it must be set up by an Administrator. (Click here for more information on setting up Key Information Permissions.)
To perform a Key Cuts and/or Key Blank Lookup:
- Click Key Code Lookup from the D2DLink Tools menu.
- Type the last eight digits of the VIN.
- Type your D2DLink User Name and Password in the User Credentials section.
- Click Search. Results will be available for one minute--with no option to print. Note: OEC will display all key codes, even if there is no cut information to go along with the key code. (This includes GM/Saturn/Saab and vehicles including 2009.)
- Click the X in the upper right-hand corner of the Key Code Lookup window to close.
If the key code is not available or there is a discrepancy, contact GM Dealer Support by phone (800-265-0573) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org.) If sending an email, you will need to provide the full VIN, your full name, dealership name, dealer code/BAC, and phone number.