KB Article #1339
When opening the first order from a buyer/shop, a new window will display if they are not a RepairLink Trading Partner. Click Proceed to open the Add Trading Partner Configuration window and assign a pricing formula to the buyer/shop.
The following options can be configured in the Trading Partner Details window:
|Trading Partner Status:||This feature gives your dealership the ability to limit access to your parts information. You can allow full access (the default setting when a trading partner is added), hide part numbers from their view, or disable their ability to order from you.|
|General Information:||Up to four salespersons (one primary and three backups) can be assigned. Once a salesperson is assigned and RepairLink has updated, they can see parts orders from that buyer/shop. Note: RepairLink will need to sync overnight before the salesperson can see new orders on their Overview window. The salesperson will not be able to see orders received before the sync process.
Choose or modify the selected Pricing Formula that establishes the discounted price the buyer/shop sees for the parts they purchase from your dealership.
The taxes and fees functionality allows you to set a sales tax percentage rate for RepairLink orders or customize the tax percentage for individual buyers.
|DMS Connect subscribers only:||Add a buyer's DMS Customer Number--their account ID in your DMS--to import customer-specific pricing from your DMS. Applied part pricing will depend on the part's status in your DMS:
|Navistar dealers only:||Add the buyer's five-digit Fleet Charge customer number (digits 7-11 of their Fleet Charge Card Number) to import their guaranteed pricing for International Truck/IC Bus parts. (For older, eight-digit Fleet Charge card numbers, use the first four digits.)|
|Default Pricing Formulas:||Set up or modify the unique discount levels for each trading partner by manufacturer. Note: If manufacturer pricing formulas are selected, they will be used instead of the overall Pricing Formula set up for the shop in the General Information section. Trade-based pricing formulas can only be added as the Default Pricing Formula for the following manufacturers:
|Seller Defined Fields:||Add customer-specific information for custom seller-defined fields you can create in RepairLink for trading partner accounts.|
Configure how you want display inventory information (Show QOH or text labels--"In Stock" or "Available") to be display to the buyer/shop.
If a Matrix Pricing formula is set up, Trading Partner discounts that discount based on the list price will now be applied to the list price with the matrix increase. (Click here for more information on adding matrix pricing.)
When a buyer/shop using RepairLink Shop adds a dealer within their program, the dealer must then add them as an active Trading Partner. Note: You cannot add a shop/buyer until they have added your dealership within RepairLink Shop.
To add a trading partner:
- From the RepairLink tab, click Application Setup.
- Click Trading Partner Configuration.
- Click Add New Trading Partner.
- The Customer Management window will display. From here you can view all pending buyers/shops that need to have their trading partner relationship established. Find the Company Name on the list. Click Edit to open the Trading Partner Details window. (If the name does not display, the buyer/shop has not added or has removed your dealership from their suppliers list.)
- When a Trading Partner is first added, the buyer/shop has full access to your parts information. The Trading Partner Status drop-down is an access-control feature that allows you to limit or disable access. (Click here to learn more about access controls.)
- Select Hide part number from shop if you do not want the buyer/shop to see part numbers in their shopping cart. Call Dealer will display instead of the part number.
- Configure the following options under the General Information section:
- Use the Dealership Salesperson drop-down to assign a primary salesperson. Once a salesperson is assigned, they can see parts orders from new buyers/shops.
- If desired, use the Backup to Salesperson drop-downs to select up to three backup salespeople. Use this to ensure orders are processed quickly, even if the primary salesperson is not available.
- Select the overall Pricing Formula from the drop-down. Note: If your dealership processes orders for more than one manufacturer through RepairLink, you can set your pricing discounts by manufacturer below (Step 8).
- DMS Connect subscribers only: If the buyer has an account in your DMS, add this to the DMS Customer Number field.
- Navistar only: If applicable, type the buyer's five-digit customer number (digits 7-11 of their Fleet Charge Card Number) in the Fleet Charge Card Number field. (For older, eight-digit Fleet Charge card numbers, use the first four digits.)
- To apply a tax rate to an individual buyer, type it into the Enter percentage field. This will override any default tax rate entered. (This can be used in locations where taxes are based on the buyer's location.)
- Rates up to three decimal places can be added. Example: A value of 6.975% can be used without the system rounding to 6.98%
- If you process orders for more than one manufacturer, you can assign a default pricing formula for each manufacturer—including Motorcraft (Ford franchises) and ACDelco (GM franchises). To assign default pricing formulas for manufacturers you are franchised with:
- Click the I want to manage drop-down and select Default Pricing Formulas.
- Use the available manufacturer drop-downs to select and assign a pricing formula. Note: You can only select pricing formulas that have already been added to your RepairLink setup. (Click here to learn how to add pricing formulas.)
- If you have previously created custom information fields (seller-defined fields) within RepairLink, click the I want to manage drop-down and select Seller Defined fields. Type the necessary information in the provided field(s).
- RepairLink allows you to configure how you display inventory information (Show QOH or text labels—"In Stock" or "Available") to shops using RepairLink. To configure how you want to display inventory information:
- Click the I want to manage drop-down and select Inventory Visibility.
- Click the desired checkbox to select one of the following options:
- Always Show Actual QOH: This option will display the actual quantity of the part available in your inventory. If the part is unavailable, “0” will display. (If the Inventory Visibility feature is not configured for a trading partner, they will always see the actual part quantity available.)
- Always Show a Text Label: When this option is selected, the part quantity will display as “In Stock” when you have one or more of the part available and as “Available” if you are out of the part.
- Show a hybrid of QOH and Labels: Allows your customers to see the actual quantity of the part when available and displays “Available” if you do not currently have the part in stock.
- Click Save when you are done making changes.
- The repair facility Status will change to Active on the Customer Management window. Note: The repair facility will not receive a notification once you have added them as a trading partner. You must contact the facility to let them know they can begin sending you orders.
- Click the back arrow to return to your RepairLink Overview.